Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper & Artichoke Dip
Okay, to be completely honest, I wanted to make this cheese dip with sun-dried tomatoes, not roasted red peppers, BUT I grabbed the wrong jar at the grocery store and it was too wet and rainy to bother going back after I realized! So, here we are – Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper & Artichoke Dip.
Luckily my plan only had to be modified slightly to deal with the substitution of red peppers for sun-dried tomatoes, and let’s be honest, as long as it still goes well with cheese, it’s always going to work out in my mind. I added the beans to bulk up the dip, mellow out the flavor a bit, give it a creamier texture without adding cream or more cheese, and because I love the additional nutrients they provide.
This dip is great whether served warm, or cold, and has enough flavor itself that I recommend serving it with some lightly oiled crostini or pita chips. It is quick and simple to make and will keep for a few days in the fridge. Garnish with extra grated Parmesan cheese on top, and some fresh herbs.
You Will Need
Some type of blender
Olive oil for cooking
3 cloves of garlic, diced
½ onion, diced
1 can of artichoke hearts, diced with juice
1 can of white cannelloni beans, drained and rinsed
Jar of roasted red peppers, diced with juice
Juice of 1 lemon
3 bay leaves
3 sprigs of thyme
½ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
How To Make
- Cook the onions until they are soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook until softened.
- Add the artichoke hearts including the juice from the can, the beans, and the red peppers also with the juice from the jar.
- Bring to a simmer, add the lemon juice, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Let it continue simmering until the ingredients have softened, and most of the juice has evaporated.
- Transfer the mixture into your blender, and add the Parmesan cheese. Blend to your desired consistency.
- Serve either warm or cold, and accompany with crostini or grilled pita chips.