Crustless Keto Quiche
Skip the hassle of pastry crusts, and whip up this simple, keto friendly quiche with any veggies that you have on hand. Whether you are on a keto diet, or just trying to make a low-carb quiche, try to use any combination of green veggies, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Ham or bacon are both great additions, and pair wonderfully with veggies such as asparagus and broccoli.
The ratio of egg to heavy cream and cheese is what makes this quiche set, so as long as you get that base correct, you can add a little bit of mustard, fresh herbs, onion or pesto to tweak the flavor.
Quiche freezes well, so can be kept on hand for last minute healthy and delicious brunches, or added to a side of salad for lunch.
You Will Need:
An oven safe quiche dish (or you can use muffin tins to make individual quiches)
8 large eggs
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 cup of grated cheese
2 cups of the veggies or meat of your choice
Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make:
- Preheat your oven to 375F/190C and grease your quiche dish.
- Grate or dice your ingredients to roughly uniform size pieces and place in the quiche dish. If you are using particularly juicy ingredients (such as zucchini) squeeze as much of the moisture out as you can.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables.
- Beat the eggs, heavy cream and seasonings together, and pour over the cheese and vegetables.
- Your egg and cream mixture should almost cover all of the vegetables and cheese. If not, beat another egg with a dash of heavy cream and add to the mixture.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the top is browning too much, cover the quiche with some foil.