Goat Cheese Salad Recipe
Since summer is here, I feel like it is my responsibility to provide some light-ish cheese recipes! I know that this classic goat cheese, beet and arugula salad with an orange vinaigrette will satisfy your summeriest cravings. The fresh and citrusy flavor of the orange dressing compliments the sweet beets and tangy goats cheese perfectly. Serve this hearty salad as a side for some BBQ salmon, and you will be everyone's favorite hostess.
What You Need:
A small pot and a roasting dish
6 red beets diced
6 Brussels sprouts halved
Olive oil for roasting
Salt & pepper to season
Optional: Mixed greens or spinach
Optional: Candied nuts, dried cranberries or seeds for garnish
Dressing: Mix 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2tbsp of orange juice with 1 tbsp balsamic, 1 tbsp maple syrup and salt and pepper to taste.
How To Make:
- Prepare the beets by cutting off the greens about 1 inch above the root (so you don’t cut into the root), and boil for about 30 minutes if small, or 50 minutes if large.
- Preheat the oven to about 400 F / 200 C.
- Transfer the beets straight into an ice bath, and once cooled you should be able to peel the skin off easily with your fingers.
- Dice the beets into inch size cubes or a bit larger and transfer to a roasting dish with the halved Brussels sprouts. Toss the veggies in some olive oil, salt and pepper, and roast for about 20 minutes or until tender and crispy.
- Once the veggies have cooled, toss them with the goat cheese and dressing, and eat as is, or put on top of your mixed greens for a healthier, lighter salad.
- Garnish with candied nuts, dried cranberries, or seeds.