This handy tool lets you garnish like a pro because you can add finely grated chocolate, cheese, nuts, or any similar hard food to top off your dishes. I grew up using one for putting fresh Parmesan on pasta dishes at family dinners, and missed it in my kitchen after I left home.
In case this type of cheese grater is new to you, we have added a video to show how it works. It is also known as a 'mouli' grater because the first brand to patent this type of device was Moulinex. It is more commonly known as a rotary cheese grater these days.
It is very easy and convenient to use. The blocks of cheese just go in the hopper at the top, and some light pressure from the claw holds the food against the rotating drum which has fine teeth for grating. When you turn the handle, the drum rotates which grates the cheese, which then falls into the middle of the drum, and you can just tap it out onto your plate.
What Makes This Rotary Cheese Grater Special?
- Hand crank operation saves time and effort.
- Quantity control is easy because you can see how much you have grated.
- Very clean as you grate directly over the dish you want to garnish.
- Simple to take apart for easy washing.
- Can be assembled for both left-handed and right-handed operation.
Product Specifications & Care
- Made entirely of food safe stainless steel.
- The hopper is 6cm or 2 inches wide, and about the same high.
- Hand wash and dry only by taking it apart and cleaning each piece.
- This note is for your own self care - be careful of your knuckles when you turn the handle as it passes very close to the body of the grater!
- Free shipping within North America.
- Easy returns and 100% refund if you are not satisfied.
- Gets to you the fastest way possible as it ships directly from our supplier.
- Made in China and quality tested in Canada.
It's a nice grater but there was too much space between the rotating drum and the front end of the square tube so big chunks of cheese would get stuck. I just took some big pliers and bent it in slightly to reduce the space and now it works fine.